These 26 ledgers comprise the handwritten records of Parsons Cemetery in Salisbury, Maryland, dating from the 1870s to 2011. Included are lot sale records, burial record ledgers, lot information booklets, lot owner binders, and more.There are both alphabetical listings of lot owners (binders) and lot-ordered listings for both single sites and family lots (ledgers). Listings include financial information for lot sales, internments, and names of deceased.
Historic Parsons Cemetery is owned and operated by Saint Peters Episcopal Church in Salisbury Maryland but is open to all. This is both an operational and historical cemetery with its history intertwined with the history of Salisbury itself. This cemetery, gifted in 1873 by Benjamin Parsons, is a mid-18th-century garden-type cemetery filled with beautiful old trees and shrubs.